What is D:50?
- D:50 or Discipleship 50 represents fifty minutes in which we engage ourselves as disciples of Jesus Christ in the study of God’s Word.
- D:50 symbolizes the approach that “learning never stops”. We must be life long learners in a systematic process of spiritual growth and maturity.
- D:50 encourages disciples to develop their own personal pathway of growth.
- D:50 moves you from where you are to where you want to be.
Why be a part of D:50?
- Christian discipleship begins when you make an active choice to get to know Jesus better. D:50 is designed to cultivate your deep desire to know God, to be one with God and to worship God.
- You need to be “equipped to do God’s work” (Ephesians 4:12). Discipleship is being before doing, maturity before ministry, character before career.
- There is a special grace on the Body of Christ when we study together. Acts 2:42 (NLT) All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching…
How do I get involved?
- Prioritize the 10am hour each Sunday morning as an opportunity to grow in your understanding and appreciation of God’s Word.
- Review the schedule below and identify a course or pathway for your personal growth over the next 12 month period. There are five standard pathways but your course of growth may include more than one. The key is to identify where you want to be in your Christian growth at the end of the year.
When is D:50?
- Main sessions are on Sunday mornings at 10am, but other learning sessions may be sponsored by the Christian Education Department on Wednesday mornings/evening Bible classes and other continuing ministry programs.
Spring D:50 Classes
Sunday mornings| 10am
12 Christian Beliefs That Can Drive You Crazy | Salt Room
Do you need to know how the scriptures apply to your personal sorrows, conflicts, emotional growth and struggles? Know this, that not everything you believe as biblical truth is truly biblical. During these sessions we will identify 12 commonly accepted pseudo-biblical beliefs (assumptions) that can make you crazy and cause bondage rather than liberty. This will enable us to grow in grace and truth.
April 7 – It’s selfish to have my needs met
April 14 – If I’m spiritual enough, I will have no pain or sinfulness
April 21 – If I change my behavior, I will grow spiritually and emotionally
April 28 – I just need to give it to the Lord
May 5 – One day, I’ll be finished with recovery
May 12 – Leave the past behind
May 19 – If I have God, I don’t need people
June 2 – “Shoulds” are good
June 9 – Guilt and shame are good for me
June 16 – If I make the right choices, I will grow spiritually
June 23 – Just doing the right thing is more important than why I do it
June 30 – If I know the truth I will grow
Jr/Sr High | Worship, Word & Prayer
We will take an in-depth look at the basics of Christianity – worship, word, and prayer.
Seasoned Saints (50+) | Chapel
Do we stop or go – turn right or left – go ahead or turn back? The Bible speaks about a divine resource we can utilize when we come to those intersections. It is called wisdom. If you are 50+ years and find yourself at a “fork in the road” and are looking for guidance, plan to attend our class as we discover what god’s Word has to say about where and when to turn.
Wednesday evenings| 7pm
Precept Study on James
Each verse of this practical study is alive with instruction, admonition, and encouragement. Learn God’s principles for dealing with trials, temptations, the tongue, and the pull of the world.